Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 5 = Water Woes!

Weight = 131

Went Swimming!  Wow it was hard!!  I swam 50s mostly for 50 minutes.  I lost count of my laps.  But didn't rest much so got a good workout.  The main thing I noticed is that my arms get really tired.  They are not use to pulling water, or being used much at all for that matter - it's a totally different exercise than running.  Here I sit 30 minutes after my workout, I have the good post exercise feeling but I feel refreshed and, though my muscles are fatigued, definitely feel like the rest of my day will be without aches and pains.  I may be swimming a lot more in the future.  It's just a great workout.  As I was toweling off an older lady said, "You have a beautiful stroke, you look like you are just gliding along out there."  My response, "Thank you but I didn't feel that way."  I always wondered what I looked like swimming.  Ha!

The sprint triathlon has a 400m swim.  Initially I thought, "that's a piece of cake!"  Now I'm thinking otherwise.  I think I can do it in 8 minutes though, and if the team needs me that will give them a decent start.  My goal will be sub 8 minutes but I bet it ends up somewhere around 8:30 - 9:00.  If I can pace myself and not go out too fast, I will do much better.  I am going to swim a lot over the next 2 weeks and see what happens.  Maybe I won't have to do this relay at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment