Friday, January 21, 2011

Enough Negative, More Balance

  Okay, I admit it... I'm a negative self talker. And I can't take a compliment. Ever. However, I am making a conscious effort to do better. And recently I've noticed a lot of other women who do the same thing. Women who are beautiful on the inside and out - yet totally lacking confidence. Perhaps I should start a negative talker anonymous program. Or maybe some positive person should... there I go again.

  For today's workout I ran 3 miles and did a 22 minute core workout.  It was tough.  I'm sure I'll regret the decision tomorrow when I'm trying to keep up with my friends on a 12 mile run and my abs are screaming at me.  But it will make me stronger and faster, and honestly I really need to do more strength training.  I can't be all cardio, cardio, cardio.  I need some balance.

  Hope you had a great workout today - and repeat after me:  I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dogonnit, people like me.

2 comments:

  1. great message. i, too, am a lot like you in this way. Never can take a compliment and don't really know what to do when someone gives me one. Why is it that women do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Nikki!! Crazy aren't we? I miss you!! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete