Friday, January 14, 2011

Dinner, Running Challenges and Other Stuff

  I made brunswick stew for dinner last night.  Ummm, can I just say YUMMMM?I've never made it before but it was de-lish paired with some crunchy (greasy?) cornbread.  I had to make myself quit eating it though my husband may go into shock from all the green lima beans he ingested while eating (amazingly with no complaints - yeah, it was that good).  And then some yummy banana pudding, courtesy of my friend Christine's awesome blog (find the recipe here).  Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know... calories in vs. calories out... I think in may have won yesterday.
  On to running... our local running club is having this training challenge where we train together and compete with this other local running team in an upcoming 1/2 marathon.  We are meeting tomorrow morning for the first time and I am a little, ok very nervous.  They put me (despite my screaming and complaining that I don't belong) in the Advanced training group... I'm not advanced.  So we are running 8 miles tomorrow on a route I am not familiar with and I'm a little nervous I will be left behind, with no map, in the freezing cold... trying to find my way back.  I am directionally challenged so though we have lived here a whole year now, I am not that familiar with roads, routes, general directions at all.  Though this could make for an entertaining blog post, right now it just makes me have a nervous tummy.
  So my dilemma for today: to run or not to run?  I will be running 8 faster than normal or be left behind miles in the early morning, but I want to work out.  I don't want to do the elliptical machine... I want MILES.  Against my better judgement, I may jump on the treadmill for an easy run.  Or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment