Friday, March 4, 2011

Dead Legs

   So I ran a 1/2 marathon...4 WEEKS AGO!!  Why are my legs still dead?  I haven't had one run where I've felt really good since then.  Every mile is a struggle.  Yes, I did run 33 miles last week which is a lot for me, but they were all hard miles.  None that felt light and speedy.  So this week I have been slacking.  I do not have the energy I should of late, and my running is stealing energy  from my family.  There is just not enough to go around.  So I've run twice this week for two reasons... 1 - to see if I have more energy for my family (Yes I do!)  and 2 - to see if my legs can recover (Not sure yet).  I think I'm bagging our group long run in the morning as the forecast calls for 100% rain from this afternoon through all of tomorrow.  I will get a few on the treadmill but my guess is my weekly mileage this week to be 1/2 of what it was last.  I am expecting more next week - energy, miles and speed.  

  I am thinking of doing a giveaway to get more people to read my blog.  I'm just not sure how to go about promoting it.  Got any ideas?  Let me know.  I hope your training is going well.  I hope your legs are light and springy and you have plenty of left over energy for your family.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment