Monday, August 13, 2012

17 miler... body changing

I made my long run of 17 on Saturday morning.  It was really tough from 9-12 but fine after that.  My legs have been aching after my long runs, I guess due to glycogen depravation, but a couple of alieve and an ice bath seem to help.  I was hardly even sore yesterday.  Isn't that a little strange?  I don't get it.  I use to get so sore when I ran 1/2 marathons.  I guess maybe I'm not running as fast or pushing myself so my body is use to the pounding.  Looks like it may rain today so I'm going to get out and do my 5 miles then go visit my grandmother for while before picking up my boys.  I can't believe only 8 weeks until the marathon.  I only have 3 major long runs left: 18, 20 and 20.  Not sure if I'll do both 20s or not but we'll see!  Yay, I'm getting there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment