Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Training begins in 3, 2, 1...

Next week is the big week one of marathon training for me.  Crazy.  18 weeks of consistency.  Hmmm, not always my strong suit.  This week has been good.  I've run short the last 3 days - 3 miles, 4 miles, 3 miles.  This afternoon I ran fast.  I ran the second mile in 8:01 which I was excited about.  9:17, 8:01, 8:52 I think....
Not bad.  Looking forward to getting my mileage up.

I did start a diet last week.  I fell off it a bit over the weekend but not bad.  I ended up losing a pound the first week so I have high hopes.  It's just eating clean and avoiding sugar, especially processed sugar.  Lots of salads and water, fruits, nuts and veggies, Eggs and lean meats.  I feel so healthy and have way more energy it seems.  I'll keep you updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment