Monday, February 6, 2012

Chicago MARATHON!

Well I did it. I took the plunge and registered for my first Marathon, with prodding from a friend.  Now I'm broke and scared, I mean super excited. :)

Yikes.  It's not until October but that means running a lot all summer in the heat and with the kids home... somehow.  We'll see how it all goes.  They may be spending some quality time at the grandparents house this summer.

Otherwise, I found a running partner that runs my pace! :)  We have been running once a week and maybe more when our schedules match up.  It's nice to have someone to meet and it holds me accountable.  I've gotten up to 8 miles on the long runs... pretty good as I'm still 7 weeks out from the local 1/2.  I think I'll be fine.  I think I will try to dial it back on that one and just use it as an easy training long run.  That way I can give my all in Nashville 4 weeks later.  I think last year I wiped myself out on that run and that made Nashville really difficult...  or maybe it was something else.  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment