Monday, January 23, 2012

Intervals... kind of

Just ran 5 miles with my friend Sara who is struggling with some knee pain (which is why she is running with me as she is usually way faster!).

I had the not so brilliant idea to run intervals in the middle.  My goal was 3 - 1/2 mile intervals with 1/2 mile jogs in between.  Not so much.  I did 2.  The first averaged about 3:50 and the second 4:00.  This shows you how out of shape I am.  I was blitzed after two so didn't do the third.  I also felt like I was going to puke because I ate too much beforehand.

I noticed that last January my runs were averaging 45 seconds/mile faster than my last few runs.  Granted I took off about 3 months at end of last year.  But also I didn't run any 5k's last year which I had done the year before.  I don't know, maybe I'm being too hard on myself and not giving myself enough time to work back up.  All I really do know is that I am out of shape.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment