Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tough

So Tuesday the boys and I went to stay at my parents while the hubby traveled. This gave us a nice visit and allowed me the chance to get out and run!  They live in a very hilly neighborhood.  I ran only 4 miles, but pushed it. The second mile had 4 hills totaling .31, .16, .14, and .05 length hills and very steep... Like straight up. Houses on this road have driveways straight up or straight down. When I was training for Ragnar I tried running it unsuccessfully. I would have to walk a bit after I got to the top of the hills. But Tuesday I killed those hills and it felt great. It was hard, but I am tougher than I thought I was. I kept my shoulders back and my head up, and zoomed right up. Today I'm gonna try to get to a track with my boys for a speed workout. We'll see how much they let me do!

No comments:

Post a Comment