Monday, April 23, 2012

Nashville, Year 4

I just keep thinking about 3 years ago.  I was getting ready to run my first half.  I can't believe it has been that long now.  And here I am about to do it again.  Except this time it's my eighth half marathon, 4th Nashville 1/2, and will probably be my slowest.  But that's ok.  I am looking forward to the run and the race and the fun and the friends.  I am looking forward to the anticipation and the lines and the nerves and the excitement.  I am looking forward to the hills and the burn and the aches and the push.  I can't wait to hit that hill on mile 11.  The one that keeps going and going just when your legs are about to die.  The one that when you get to the top, you know you can coast down that last 1/2 mile to the finish.  I love that part.  There is definitely fun in running a race you've never done... you don't know the terrain or what to expect, sights are new and refreshing.  But I love the familiarity of a course I've done a few times.  Knowing what to expect, where the hills are and where you can let it go, and where the fans with the fresh fruit are gonna be.  I love that this is my fourth Nashville 1/2.  I love that it's in my home town where I grew up.  And I love that it signifies I have been running for 3 and 1/2 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment