Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 4 = Perseverence

Ran 5 miles today.  Very proud of that.  Started with clouds and slight breeze, though the humidity was still stifling.  After 3 miles, the sun decided to shine on me.  I had decided to run 5 miles and that's what I did.  I find that before I run, if I have a set mileage that I want to accomplish, I am much more likely to accomplish it if I have it in my head from the get-go.  Otherwise, I am easily talked down.  It's that old belief that you have to know where you are going to get there.  If I'm wavering at all, or decide I will just run based on how I feel, most often I end up with less mileage than if I am focused on a goal.

Today felt good, I ran slow and steady and gained some confidence back.  5 miles in 85+ degree temps with high humidity is not too shabby here in the beginning days of training.  Very happy.  The will triumphed the mind today.

Tomorrow morning I will weigh in and also planning a swim session at the indoor pool, and hopefully a strength training session as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment