Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Re-org

I've been in a running lull for over 2 weeks now.  I think as we get busier with spring soccer, yard work, the ability to play outside, I find less and less time and energy to devote to my running.  Unfortunately I have a 1/2 marathon next Saturday and then one a month later as well.  I have decided to just enjoy the one in April - The County Music 1/2 in Nashville - it's just a lot of fun and I am going to get to see friends from Atlanta that weekend where we'll spend 2 nights in Nashville.  It's almost like a mini vacation and I'm really looking forward to it!  Next weekend, however, is the competition 1/2 here locally where I'm running with a team of people.  If I don't run well, I will feel like I'm letting them down.  Sad.  When I do run, I am not running the pace or distance I was a month ago.  I think my body, more-so than others, needs rest and doesn't respond well when I push too hard.  Especially when I'm trying to eat less.  It's just wipes me out.  Either that or it's my two little romping boys.  :)  Or perhaps a combination of everything together?

I am allowing myself this time to get back on my feet without any guilt.  I am enjoying my time with the boys this spring.  I love watching them play soccer and practicing with them in the yard after school.  That's the things they will remember when they get older, not how many miles mom logged on the treadmill, or how many pr's I get in my races.  Sometimes it's good to take a break and reorganize priorities.  Running is a hobby, my family is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment